The course is intended for Palestinian women living in the West Bank and involved in the community.
1st part: 10 days intensive: August 21-30 (from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm)
2nd part: 3 weekends: September 4-5, 11-12, 18-19 (from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm)
Beit Ashams yoga studio/community center in Beit Jala, Bethlehem, West Bank
- Hatha Yoga: asanas (yoga postures) & pranayama (breathing exercises) – daily practice classes & teaching classes
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga Philosophy
- Meditation: introduction & practice
- Mindfulness: introduction & practice
- Prenatal & postnatal yoga
- Yoga for trauma
- Yoga for children
The course will be taught in English with Arabic interpretation
Upon completion of the course and of the examination the participants will receive a certificate.
- Being involved in local community: working or volunteering as nurse, psychosocial worker, midwife, teacher, etc.
- Being willing to teach yoga – at least partially – for free in local community (refugee camp, schools, village, hospital…)
- Being able and committed to attend the full program
- No previous experience of yoga is required
The participants will be provided with a training manual and other resources in Arabic
Participants coming from outside Bethlehem area will be provided accommodation during the 1st part of the training (August 21-30).
Deadline for applying: August 10, 2015